- 4 ears Sweet corn
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, as needed
- 1/2 cup torn cilantro, parsley and mint leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2-1/2 ounces) crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- 10 to 12 small (6-inch) soft corn tortillas
Brush the corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Over a hot grill or an open gas-stove flame char the ears of corn until well-blackened but not completely burnt. Remove from heat; cool. With a large knife, shave off kernels into a bowl. Add cilantro, parsley and mint; reserve.
In a small bowl, combine onion and lime juice; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in maple syrup, radishes, zucchini, jalapeno and 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat your tortillas one of two ways: Wrap the whole stack in foil and place in a warm 250°F oven for 15 minutes, or coat a cast-iron skillet with thin layer of oil and heat over high heat; warm each tortilla 30 seconds to 1 minute each side, until lightly blistered.
To make tacos, fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup corn. Top with cheese and radish-zucchini slaw. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4 servings
for more recipes using fresh sweet corn go to www.sunshinesweetcorn.com